Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Great Layout for Large Images




 I have so many pieces of Designer Series Paper that have beautiful large images on them. I hesitate to use them because they are so pretty as a whole. Most of the time the flip side is a small pattern and that is what I wind up using. A couple of weeks ago Mojo Monday blog shared this layout and it was an "Aha moment" for me. I grabbed some of those large pattern pieces and made these cards.
I wanted to share the inside of the poppy card. I love how it mimics the front. This is one of the many reasons I use Stampin' Up! for my paper crafting projects; everything coordinates!

And let me share a fun trick for stamping different portions of an expression on two different areas. For the poppy card the first part of the expression is stamped on the outside. Then I cleaned that part of the stamp and dried it. But if you've tried this you know it is really hard to get it completely dry so you don't have a shadow of that portion when you ink the rest and stamp it elsewhere. In the past I've tried to use the sticky portion of a sticky note on it. But this time I used a little washi tape. Works great and peels right off when you are finished. Thanks to Linda Heller for that tip!

2 comments:

  1. I rarely use the larger images either - will have to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a card using a large image on DSP. I wish I'd seen this post first - I really like the sentiment in the lower corner!

    ReplyDelete