Monday, May 30, 2016

Sunburst Thinlit

 Today's card was made using the Sunburst Thinlit from Stampin' Up! To make this card I cut four of the framelits; one each from Hello Honey, Crisp Cantaloupe, Lost Lagoon and Sahara Sand. Then I used the negative pieces from the Hello Honey, Crisp Cantaloupe and Lost Lagoon to fill in the spaces on the Sahara Sand Sunburst after gluing it to a pieced of white card stock cut to 4 by 5-1/4. After all were glued down I trimmed the excess hanging over the sides of the white cardstock.  I used some of the scraps from one edge to decorate the inside. I finished off the card with stamped expression and layered circle punched shapes and some punched hearts. The hearts were "colored" with clear Wink of Stella to give then some sparkle.
 I found the easiest way to decorate the inside was to trim three edges off three sides of the card front; leaving one edge to work with.
 I cut the outer edge of that untrimmed edge to get a straight edge as shown in the picture below.
 Then I applied a strip of adhesive to the one long edge of the inside Whisper White cardstock (meauring 4x5-14). Then adhered that to the pieces sticking off that one edge of card front. So, when you are looking at the picture below the piece on the right is the back side of the card front and the piece on the left is the back of the card interior. I then used my scissors to cut along the white card stock edges.
 So that you have a row of cut pieces making the design on the interior.
And of course, you have enough sunbursts and negative scraps on your table to make three more cards. Each will have a different color of Sunburst.

No comments:

Post a Comment