Friday, June 17, 2016

Happy Accident


A few years ago my sister coined the phrase "happy accident" when we were sharing some stamping time. One of us had mis-stamped something and then worked to make it look okay and liked the new design even better than the original idea.
Well this was a card that I started to make in the landscape position. My thought was I would put a piece of Designer Series Paper along the left hand side. I thought that paper was Pool Party. But when I stamped my Swirl in Pool Party it clashed with the paper. (Still not sure what color that paper was supposed to be.) Anyhow, I thought I might be able to re-stamp over it with a darker color and still use that DSP. But I didn't get the second image aligned exactly on the top. But loved the new stamped image. Since I had a piece of Night of Navy laying right by my trimmer I just grabbed it, decided to change the orientation and stamped my greeting and loved how it turned out. A happy accident!

No comments:

Post a Comment