Monday, September 12, 2016

Stamping Open House with Judy





 On Saturday, I attended another of Judy Vogelsang's Stamping Open House events. Judy is a local Stampin' Up! demonstrator who does this once a month and has graciously invited me to join in even though I don't order from her, since I can get the products myself. But she does know I will peruse and usually find some supplies on her retired clearance rack in her studio. I love the chance to pick up things I use at a good price or get something that I regret not ordering.
Anyhow, this is the 10 cards we made this month. Usually we only make five and it just takes a few hours to make them. This month she hosted a special Christmas Open House where we made 10 cards, she served a little buffet lunch.
This was such a fun day for me with my friend Karen along. Karen is a beginning stamper.
Another part of the fun was using so many items in the new Holiday catalog. Judy really had a lot to show us. Fun!
But first I'll showcase the card using the Joyful Nativity from the annual catalog. It's simple but elegant card.

Just some stamping which is super easy since the set is photopolymer and lining things up is a snap! Then add a rhinestone to the star and some gold thread at the bottom and you're done. Looks like I need to tame my gold thread with a rolled up glue dot!

The second card I'll share today uses the Banners for Christmas stamp set from the Holiday catalog.
It's another quick card that just makes me think, "Warmth and Cheer."  That's the name of the Designer Series Paper Stack used on this card. This is a stack of 48 six by six sheets of DSP and each one just exudes warmth and cheer.  The Merry Christmas expression is wavy because it is meant to fit inside one of the Bunch of Banner framelits. Since this is photopolymer set I could have placed the stamps on the block to make it straight but decided I liked the curvy look.
We colored in the berries using a Cherry Cobbler marker and then added a piece of the new 5/8" Burlap Ribbon from the annual catalog with a mini glue dot. Feels like home, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment