Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More scrap challenges!




I'm still challenging myself to use up ribbon and paper scraps and retired colors of card stock. After all, I don't want to have to move this stuff back to Chicago in one year!









These first three cards feature the Watercolor Trio stamp set from the Summer mini catalog. It's a great set that is still available until August 31... which is rapidly approaching. The expression on the first card is from the same stamp set. I used some retired sets for the expressions on the other two cards but any from the Teeny Tiny Wishes could be substituted.


















The next two cards use the Animal Stories stamp set. At first I wasn't real crazy about the artsy style of these animals but I got the set free during Sale-a-Bration and now that I have it I'm having lots of fun with it. "You're on my mind" is from the Upsy Daisy set.











Did you notice the patterned paper is the same in the tea cup card and the elephant card? It was some scrap from paper purchased at a craft store. I thought it was strictly masculine but then paired it with this expression and it's definitely a feminine card! The expression is from the Favorite Thoughts set in the summer mini... remember, it's available until August 31. The little tea cup is in the Itty Bitty Bits set which are fun stamps to use with the Punch Pack.








And the last two cards for today's post use the Cute by the Inch Level 2 Hostess set. I've also been challenging my self to "keep it simple." I think I did a pretty good job of that on the "thank u" card.








This card also uses the Just Believe stamp set for the clump of flowers stamped with VersaMark ink. And I used the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. And it was still a really simple card to make. It helped that the brown and blue scraps were already cut to size!


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment