Thursday, December 24, 2015

November's Paper Pumpkin


The top card is from the November Paper Pumpkin.It is one of two card designs in the package.

I started getting the monthly Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin's in April of last year. I didn't think I would enjoy them so much. I only subscribed when I did because of a special the company ordered and it would count as a Sale-A-Bration order. (Sale-A-Bration starts again, soon!) Anyhow, there are always a few extras in the kits of some things. And of course I can't throw them away. There was an extra pre-cut holly leaf and a few red pearls left, too. So, I used some of the scraps from the punched out holly leaves as a stencil and inked a sponge dauber up with Old Olive to make two of the leaves in the bottom card. Then added the left over pre-cut holly leave. I like the way it turned out.

Since I already had lots of Christmas cards made I decided to use the Paper Pumpkin cards as holiday thank you notes. It's been a great incentive to write the notes as gifts are received since they have a Christmas look and sentiment. And we are blessed with lots of Christmas goodies/gifts from the parishoners at this time of year. Such generous people!

A few more thoughts on Paper Pumpkin. There are lots of bloggers who take the supplies and make alternate items with them. So, even on the few months when I haven't had a need for the projects as outlined I have found other things to make and use.  And it is fun to get that little box each month and see what is inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment