Monday, March 14, 2016

February Paper Pumpkin... Hello Sunshine

February's Paper Pumpkin kit was fun. It made nine cards, three each of three designs. This is one of the designs.  The sentiments are stamped, the rest of the cards were preprinted or die cut adhesive pieces and you got a little packet of gold and pink sequins. 

And the kit came with these pretty envelopes. They were the same on the face of the envelope but there were three different liner designs. Very pretty preprinted envelopes. The kit came with 13 photopolymer stamps and a Blackerry Bliss ink spot. Such pretty colors!

As usual there were extra pieces left over, so this is a card I made using stamps in my inventory and extra pieces. I decided to just use the kit cards as an example. I liked them, so why reinvent the wheel!

Here's the second card from the kit. What a pretty gold adhesive swirl to add to the card. 

And there was an extra gold swirl so this is my card using some retired Lullaby DSP and a flower punch for the orange flower. There were plenty of sequins in the pack for the extra cards and you always get lots of extra glue dots or dimensionals if included. 

The third card design. The background is preprinted. So, again the only stamping was the sentiment on the little banner die cuts. 

And my version of the card using some retired DSP and the little flower stamps from the Paper Pumpkin kit. I used the last leaf die cut from the kit on this card. The flowers were punched using circle punches.


I didn't subscribe to Paper Pumpkin for a long time but it really is fun to get that little box in the mail each month. Sometimes I use the contents for other projects than the ones intended but I've always used them. And I have the stamps from the kits quite a bit. I store them in the clear DVD cases that you can order from Stampin' Up! I have been able to store 4 months of stamps in each case.

I have a Brother P-Touch label machine that I use to make the labels. It's a pretty slick little gadget. Think I have some of my dad in me as he would have loved having one and labeling everything in sight. 

1 comment: