Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Time for Easter Cards



Easter is early this year. Usually I do my cards in March for an April Easter. I realized that I better get busy and started on some cards. These were so easy! I used some retired Designer Series Paper. The design was so big! I could never decide how I wanted to use it. Then I got inspired by a card I saw on Dawn Olchelske's blog. She had another layer over the top of her DSP but I decided just adding the butterfly was enough. I chose the size of the butterflies based on the 4" x 5-1/4" DSP. I cut the solid butterfly from the Bold Butterfly framelits using Lost Lagoon card stock. It matched the paper so well, even though the DSP was sold long before Lost Lagoon was a color option. Then I cut the lacy butterfly using the Butterflies thinlits in black card stock. I used my Precision Base Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush. I have found it I run these delicate thinlits through my Big Shot three times, they punch better. 

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I never know what to do with the large design DSP. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I like the way they turned out.

    ReplyDelete