Wednesday, September 29, 2010

As promised... Halloween cards made using the scraps of paper from my projects. I was amazed at the variety of Halloween stamps I've accumulated when I pulled them from my shelves. It was fun to match images with paper. The three pumpkins on the card in the upper left corner were cut out of small scraps of Designer Series Paper using the new Oval Medium punch. I can tell I'm going to use this punch a lot! The ribbon you see on the cards in this first photo was some I picked up at the big box craft store. I was sure it was going to match Handsome Hunter. Well, it did not. So, it's been sitting around a long time. One of the reasons I decided to convert my ribbon stash to strictly stamping up. I got tired of having ribbons that just didn't match. And once I ordered from SU! I realized you get so much more ribbon on their spools than anywhere else. Just a better bang for your buck in so many ways! Don't want a whole spool of ribbon? I'm happy to do ribbon swaps; you get a share of lots of colors that way.
The ghost is made using the Owl Punch (as is the owl, obviously!) and trimming off the feet. Some cards went together really quickly. The idea just seemed to pop but others were a struggle. I'm still not happy with the one with large scallop circles. Suggestions, anyone?

The "starburst" is really using scraps. This was the last card I made and it was just grabbing all those little retangles that usually go into the paper recylcing and trimming them a bit and taping them down around a scallop circle.
The grey "rick rack" strip was made using the
Tasteful Trim die for the Big Shot. I love it!!! It's fun for card making and I can't wait to get back to scrapbooking to use it. (Yes, there are a couple of trips to get recorded!)
The card on the lower left has a strip of the black waffle paper on it to make the ruffle at the bottom. And man, oh man, do you get a lot of the waffle paper on each roll. I'm working on some more ideas for using it. Stay posted.
Now, on to Thanksgiving cards! LOL! Have to keep moving because I've not done Christmas cards yet for this year. I make over 100 so like I said.... gotta' keep moving!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Jane! Great cards - I need to work on mine for Halloween soon... Here is my suggestion for the scallop card you don't quite like yet: stamp a couple pumpkins (or something) on some orange paper and punch them out with a circle punch or smaller scallop circle punch (I can't tell which size scallop circle punch you already used) and place those on the scallop circles you already have on the card. Not sure how that will look, but I think another layer on those scallop circles might add something you're looking for. At least that's what I would probably try! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete