Monday, September 13, 2010

New Storage

I added these storage drawers to my stamping table. I love it. I saw the idea many months ago; can't remember where. I keep sponges and daubers for each ink pad in the little drawers. I have one for each ink pad that I have, including retired colors. I dedicated more space to the retire colors at this time because I will probably add the crayon and pastel to the drawer for them. I have also begun to put little "punched" pieces of colors in each drawer. You know sometimes you just need a little label to add to a generic card.
The three unlabeled drawers are ready for the next set of In Colors from Stampin' Up! In the meantime I'm keeping extra daubers and cut sponge pieces in them. Some drawers do not have anything but a piece of cardstock in them right now because I've never used a dauber in that color and not a sponge since I started dedicated them to each color. I have punched a piece of card stock in each color using the Round Tab punch and labeled it with the color. That is placed in the corresponding drawer and ready for attaching to the sponge with a staple when needed.
I found the drawer unit on the web. It actually came from a restaurant supply website. The challenge is keeping the space in front of it uncluttered. I am hoping to get a little shelf made or purchased and then it can be on the wall and up off the table. Why is it there is never enough table top space!

No comments:

Post a Comment