Saturday, September 4, 2010

Extra Large Cogs Double Punch



I have lots of the celery green dotted impression circles left over from making swaps for a regional earlier this year. Just can't throw them away. I turned the bumpy side down for these cards. I think the circles look more masculine that way. (Okay, maybe it's just me!) Then I pulled out the cogs punch. The cogs made me think of a couple expressions; just seemed to go together in my mind... thinking (cogs turning!) and turning (hopefully that ones is obvious).




The cogs punch is a Double punch. It took me awhile to figure out this punch. I have the best luck by placing it on the taple top and pushing it down on the table. You have to be sure to get that second snap.

The last card also uses the cogs punch. Do you see them? They are used to make the petals of the flowers. Punch a set from two different colors of cardstock, then layer them offsetting the teeth so that both colors are showing. The center hole is covered with a piece of scrap Designer Series Paper. I can't remember where I saw this or I would give credit where credit is due.








1 comment:

  1. It is not just you. I also used the polka dot paper turned face down for a birthday card and thought it looked more masculine - almost like pegboard. (but then we are pretty much of the same mind so maybe it is just us)

    ReplyDelete