Saturday, September 18, 2010

Halloween is Coming!

I'll be traveling a lot in October so have to get started now.
If you need a simple treat for friends on a diet... these are perfect! (Cased from Tinkerin in Ink with Tanya - thanks! Great tutorial on her website.) The box holds four tealight candles that have been embellished with images stamped on tissue paper and then heat embossed to the candle.) So, quick and easy. I can't wait to give them to friends.


I finally used my milk carton die cut! I used some retired DSP to cover the base (the fine print says YUM!). The other three treats are made with the new candy wrapper die cut and decorated with 3 of the four trims you can cut with the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die. It's going to be so much fun using these new dies. These little boxes are going to be filled with candy corn and peanuts. YUM!
Here's a trio of pumpkins I made from some retired DSP, retired mellow moss card stock and ribbon. Yes,still using retired stuff in my stash. These are also quick and easy if you have a crop-a-dile. Don't have one? I'd be happy to help you get one ordered! (Cased from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. You'll find lots of great tutorials on her blog.) I varied the length of the strips to get the different sizes in my trio. The smallest is 5-1/2 x 1 inch strips. The others are 7-1/2 x 1 and 6-1/4 x 1.

More pumpkins... made from coffee filters! (Cased from Sharing Creativity and Company.) I varied mine a bit. I didn't have washers to weigh them down. But I did have some flat faced closet door knobs that were going into the trash. Recycled them. I love it when that happens. (My niece Kelly will be so proud of me!) The stems are pieces of wooden skewers from my kitchen. But certainly could use a twig like Sharon suggests. I didn't have the polyfill to stuff mine with so I used tissue paper. And lastly I was too lazy to get up from the table to get needle and thread as Sharon directs so I just used snail adhesive all along the outside edge and pinched that edge and added more tape as needed to get it to stick. I put a dab of glue on the end of the stick to help it stay in place. And I used the idea from the previous pumpkins to make the curly strands.



Here's a banner I cased from Angela Hilbig on Stampin' Connection. I cut the 'B' freehand and used the new large circle punch for my O's because I don't have a large alphabet set for my Big Shot yet. Pretty quick and easy.



My favorite project is my treat for my adult children. So, hope they aren't following this blog! It's a decor that includes three photos of them from Halloweens past. They never wanted the store costumes and we always enjoy laughing over some of the things they came up with. Since most of my photos are in Chicago I had to settle with the three that I already had scanned and were saved on my computger. I made the first one for myself and then liked it so much I decided they would each get one, too. I used lots of diecuts and retired DSP for this project but it could easily be adapted for all kinds of occasions. And it could easily be a mini scrapbook because it folds accordion style. I toyed with the idea of adding ribbon and cover for the ones for my children but decided I'd spent enough time on them.
Now I have lots of DSP scraps to use for my Halloween cards.













2 comments:

  1. Great projects! You must have way too much time on your hands :-) I've been wanting to try the strip pumpkins so now I am motivated!
    What size is the little album of the kids pictures? It looks very similar to the mini scrapbooks I had at the kids' workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The album is 4-1/2 x 6 when folded closed. I'll have Josh's with me when I visit; so you can see it up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete