Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hexagon Hive Thinlit

Being a collector of all things bee, I had to have Stampin' Up!'s  Hexagon Hive Thinlit (132965)  the minute I first saw it. If you have this thinlit you can get very frustrated using it until you know the secret:  use a layer of wax paper (from your kitchen) between the thinlit and the card stock or paper you are cutting. Then the pieces just fall out neatly.
My cards today are

a CASE of Cindee Wilkinson.

Star card uses some retired star punches but the new Stars framelits would work. The sentiments are from a retired set but just about any sentiment you need could be substituted.
The flower card uses the Petite Petals stamp set (133155 c, 133152 w) and coordinating Petite Petals Punch (133322). I've used this stamp set and punch a lot. It's a really good investment!

Glue Dots (103683) and Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) lift the stars, flowers and banner off the card. The banner for the card was cut using my Big Shot (113439), Magnetic Platform (130658) and Banners framelits (132173).

Again, the background Designer Series Paper is retired but any of the new DSP would work. I really like the colors in the Sweet Taffy pack (133693) and the tiny patterns in the Flowerpot (133698) would work well with this card design.




2 comments:

  1. I was a recipient of a similar hexagon hive card for my birthday. It is one of my favorites and I have cased it multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy using the Hexagon Hive Thinlit and want to order the new Striped Scallop Thinlit (133734) soon because you could do similiar things with it.

    ReplyDelete