Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More Banner Cards

Since I used the Banners framelits in yesterday's card I decided to share a few other cards that I've made with banners.
This "Q" card uses the Banners framelit and the Star card using a square punch to create the banner.
For the "Q" card I centered a banner framelit on the largest piece of Designer Series Paper (cut to 5-1/4" by 4" here). Then I layered a coordinating piece of DSP under the cut out banner. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White card stock and then cut using the smallest banner framelit. Quick and easy with the Big Shot (113439), Banners framelits (132173) and Magnetic Platform (130658).  The ribbon and DSP used here are retired but any of the new DSP packs would be pretty and I'd suggest using the new 1/4" cotton riboon or 1/2" seam binding (ribbons are on page 206-207 in the annual catalog) as the bow wouldn't be as bulky as in my card.

The star card was made using a square punch to notch the end of the strip of Designer Series Paper to make the banner. Then I used the DSP banner as a guide to cut the notches in the layers of card stock. The inside of the card has a 1/2" strip of glimmer paper (Silver 135314) layered along the bottom edge to add more sparkle. I used some retired star punches but the Stars framelits (133723) could be used. (CASE polkadotsand paper.com)
I think I'd use the current Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper (133692) for the star card and Flowerpot (133698) for the other card but really any of the new papers would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment