Thursday, November 13, 2014

Work of Art-July, August & September



July's page was lots of happy accidents. I saw a similar design with punched stars but since I wanted my calenar to stay flat I was restricted from adding any layers. So, I heat embossed some stars with white embossing powder. My star image came from the Perfect Pennants stamp set. Then I stamped the red and blue images using the stamps from Work of Art. I didn't think about needing to wait for the blue to dry completely before wiping it off the stars. So I got a smudged blue background, which I decided I liked. Happy accidents. Then when I put the calendar together I realized the image would be turned 45 degrees from my original thinking. Luckily I like it this way!
Can you tell August is Popsicles? This was the one image I wasn't real sure about. I did create another image but decided it wasn't as whimsical as I wanted, so it is being turned into a card (maybe you'll see it next week).
September's red apple is made using several of the different shapes from the Work of Art stamp set. It's much easier than you'd think. The face on the caterpillar is hand drawn. The body is just stamping off with the little circle stamp in the Work of Art set.
Come back tomorrow for the final three pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment