Friday, May 29, 2015

 This is a fun and quick card layout I CASEd from my niece. Just a little Designer Series Paper and an embossing folder give it the added details. I also used my Word Bubble framelits but you could just use a plain rectangle or another size banner.
I also wanted to share my Big Shot space.

This is my make lemonade out of lemons space. The parish has a really large floor safe that is kept here in the parsonage. It is in the little walk in closet in my craft room. Initially I wanted to move the safe out of that closet. My husband and son balked at that idea. I'm glad they did, because I discovered it was the perfect height for my Big Shot work zone. It's just taken me a while to figure out how to organize the space. 

I spent one afternoon last week getting it better organized. I used a dresser drawer that the previous family left in our basement to make a shelf at the back of my work space. I wanted it to sit off the work top just a tad to so I could slide some smaller items under the drawer shelf. So for now it rests on a couple of bricks If I find I like this arrangement (so far I do!) I'll attach the drawer to the wall. 

The drawer shelf is the perfect size for the extra large die cuts (right side of photo). Then for the large dies I turned a plastic photo box on end left side of photo). The top of the drawer makes another shelf for the smaller dies. I just turned the die storage boxes I had on their sides. I also removed the spacers that come with those boxes so that I could get more dies in each box. (The spacers were used on the lower shelf to help hold my extra large dies in place.) The baskets in front of the shelves hold my platforms, embossing folders and thinlits, etc. Everything is so easy to reach and pull out to use now! I should have taken a before picture. You can't imagine the difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment