Monday, January 19, 2015

Retired Products

I always wind up with some retired Designer Series Paper because you get so much in a pack. Last week as I was online searching for a card layout/design I saw a sample on Linda Heller's Stamping School site that used the Flirtatious pack from several years ago. I knew I had some of it. When I pulled the pack I realized I had never used a single sheet of the paper. I'm that way sometimes when something is especially pretty; I can't decide how to use it or want to save it for something really special. It's a habit I'm trying to break!
So, since my card inventory is at an all time low. I challenged myself to use the entire pack of paper. Two days and 40 cards and envelope liners later I thought I was done. But on the third day when I was cleaning up my work space I found two more good sized scraps of DSP under my paper trimmer. So, I got a sat down and made two more cards and cut liners to coordinate. I don't put my liners in envelopes until I'm ready to send them.
If you don't make liners for your envelopes you can get a lot more cards out of a pack of DSP.

 This is my attempt at the card I found on Linda Heller's site. It is pretty but almost too many elements for me; so tomorrow I'll share another card I made by scaling back on the elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment