Thursday, June 4, 2015

More to Celebrate!



I'm celebrating this layout my niece led me to! It's a great way to use up scraps of Designer Series Paper as in the top photo. Then I thought, "What about using Washi Tape?" (second photo) and lastly I combined the two, DSP scraps and Washi Tape.

Do you notice the oval with the image in the bottom photo? Here's the story on it: I had all the DSP and Washi Tape adhered and noticed a faint black line running vertically in the bare white space right where I wanted to stamp the sentiment. Does this ever happen to you? I used to just scream and start over. But now I think, "How can I cover it up?"  Many times you can distress card in some way like sponge it or use a stamp set like Gorgeous Grunge. I really didn't think these patterns looked like distress images so I punched an oval, stamped it and then added the flower to cover up the last little bit of streak. The recipient will never know. (Unless, they read this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment