Thursday, October 23, 2014

CD Calendar - April, May, June

I wanted to make April showers... so I took the string of lights from the stamp set and inked just the tip of the light bulbs with Smoky Slate, then I rubbed that edge up the cardstock at a slant to make the rain. I colored the house in grey tones using my Blendabilities to add to the rainy day feeling.
For May I wanted to make May flowers but since there isn't a flower in the stamp set I decided to make blossoms instead... Cherry blossoms. I used the snowflake stamp set to make the blossoms then added just a touch of green in the tree branches using a marker. I put the trees in a row to resemble an orchard.
June is sunshine and green trees! I stamped the tree and then used my Old Olive Blendabilities to make the leaves. I wasn't thinking about the bleed that occurs through the card stock. So, I had to be sure to place the calendar over that blur on the reverse page.The sun was made freehand using a Blendabilities marker. This time I was thinking about the bleed but just made another sun on the reverse (see August tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment