Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Holiday Homes Calendar




I have been making CD case calendars for many years. After seeing the framed Holiday Houses for a Year on Butternut Sage Designs I decided to use the Holiday Home stamp set and Homemade Holiday framelits to make this year's calendar pages. The top photo shows the CD case set up to display the current month and store the extra pages. You do have to take the case apart and put it together "wrong" to get the display "easel".
I challenged myself to only use stamps in the Holiday Home set.
January was pretty easy since there are snowflakes and snowman included in the set.
February also was easy since the set has a cute little heart and I used the lamp post also in the set. A word of caution when using photopolymer stamps... they stick to everything! I used most of the stamps as I was making the calendar pages. I needed a clean block so I pulled the lamp post off a block and did not put it away in the case. When I was putting everything away I couldn't find that stamp. I searched everywhere on my desk top. Then I began to search on all surfaces. I had already put so many things away. After searching for well over 30 minutes I finally found it stuck to one of the ink pads I had used and put away. So, my advice, "Put the stamps in their case as you finish using them."
For March I used the heart stamp to make the clover and then grabbed my marker of the same color and made the stem free hand.
The next three months will be posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment