Thursday, April 30, 2015

Linen Thread Bird Nest

This is a CASE from Stamping School. I had to change the direction of my layout a bit as I was using a retired bird image from the Nature Walk stamp set. And I used some retired Dusty Durango Designer Series Paper. You know when that color came out I didn't care for it; now I wish it was still available. Oh well! I've combined it with Pool Party and Crumb Cake. That color trio just made me think of robin's and spring time. We've had a bit of cold weather again. Blah!
The bird's nest is essentially made by wrapping linen thread around two fingers several times and then adhering to the card. Then after you've fussy cut the bird adhere it on top with a dimensional. I used the discontinued Blendabilites to color my bird but think if I did it again I'd get better robin look by using markers. Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment