Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Punched Circles

This card is a CASE of Kelly Rasmussen on Pinterest. The hardest part of making this card was creating the template for punching the 3/4" circles. Once I had that created the rest of the card went together quickly using the little star punch and some scraps of Sweet Taffy DSP. The greeting is from the retired On Your Birthday stamp set. After I had this card done I felt like it could use a little something more. So I grabbed my Essentials paper piercing pack and made this stepped up card.

4 comments:

  1. The piercing really makes a difference. I'll be casing this one :-) Might make it with some heart shapes and hearts inside for anniversary cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any suggestions for making the template? Love the card! And you're right... it did need something else and the piercing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Mary.
    I do have a few suggestions for the template Jamie. I used a piece of copy paper cut to 5-1/2X3 inches and folded it in half lengthwise. I punched the first circle (3/4" punch) 1/4" from the top edge in the center of the folded paper. Then turned to the other edge and punched again 1/4" from that edge in the center. Other two punches are done a scant 3/4" from those first two circles.

    ReplyDelete