Thursday, April 9, 2015

TBT with a Fun Fold



Today's throw back card uses retired colors along with a retired die cut and the retired Circle Circus stamp set. This is a CASE of Jane Knudsen. I pretty much took her fold directions and created my own card. The Basic Birthday Decorative Strip was used in the Big Shot to cut out the letters. I cut it 4 times to get the different colors for the inside of the card and then cut the Happy apart and every two letters of Birthday apart. I'm always looking for ways to use this die as the cut strip is almost 12 inches long. I really like the way the card turned out. I used Midnight Muse and Encore Silver pads to ink the front. The rhinestones on the front are smaller than the current ones in the catalog. These came from a previous SU! product for decorating eggs. (I've been digging in my stash and straightening up my studio again... seems like it needs a good straightening every couple weeks.
The bottom photo shows how simple the fold is.
Start with a 5-1/2 X 11 inch piece of card stock.
Cut 5/8" off one short side
Score at 4-1/4, 5-1/4, 6-1/4 inches.
Flip over and score at 4-3/4 and 5-3/4 inches.
Fold back and forth in zig zag fashion to get fold as shown in photo above.
Decorate front and inside of card.


No comments:

Post a Comment