Friday, April 29, 2016

Bookmark Keepsake Card




This is the commercially made card that I received for Easter. It's a clever idea of combining a card and bookmark. The right side of the card had a line of perforation and pulled off to become a bookmark for the recipient.
So, first of all I planned a design that was one layer and with a right edge that would make a pleasing bookmark. Then after stamping I had to make that perforation line. I'm sure I have a perforation blade somewhere but do you think I could find it. So, I wound up using a seamstress tracing wheel and stratightedge to make my perforation line. 
Here's my card...

To give it a little more pizzazz I used my chalk pen to color in with white on some of the flowers and also used Clear Wink of Stella on the centers. 
That's all for this week and commercial card inspiration. Tune in next week to see what I'm creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment