Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Shadow Stamping

Today's technique is called shadow stamping. I learned this on Dawn Griffith's blog.
 

For this technique you will need either to use Photopolymer stamps or a Stamp-a-ma-jig because you are double stamping the solid image. 
I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the flower image once with Tip Top Taupe ink. then I cleaned the stamp and inked it with VersaMark ink. This is where my Stamp-a-ma-jig came into use. Using it I stamped with the VersaMark just to the lieft of the Tip Top Taupe image. Then I heat embossed with white embossing powder. To get the stamped image to stand out even more I used a sponge and Tip Top Taupe and sponged the white cardstock, using a tissue to remove the ink from the embossed image.
I layered that stamped piece onto Island Indigo cardstock and added some Tip Top Taupe lace trim. Then layered again on Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White and Island Indigo card base.
The image and expression come from the In The Meadow stamp set. It's such a pretty stamp set.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I have done that before with the tall single tree in Lovely as A Tree set. It works really well. Haven't done it for a while though - might have to make some soon.

    ReplyDelete