Thursday, April 7, 2016

Watercolor Paper

For this card I made a frame mask cut to the same size as the watercolor Paper. (Next week I'll give you more details on that technique). Stampin' Up! offers packs of 5 - 6"x 9" watercolor paper. This is great to use when your using Aqua Painters to add color to a stamped image. You want to be sure to use permanent ink for your stamped image. I used StazOn black ink. Then I used Rose Red and Wild Wasabi ink and my aqua painter to fill in the color. I also used some Soft Sky and my aqua painter to color in the background.
After the color had dried I used my 01 tip Project Life Black Journeling Pen to add the black outline to the stamped area, This is the first card I made: I learned it is better to focus on the edge of the paper rather than the stamped image when freehand penning this frame. The second card I made had a more even frame but I liked the colored flowers on this one better so decided to share it since the focus was on watercolor paper. Each card is a unique work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment