Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Glittery Background

 It's not real easy to see in this photo but the purchased card had glittery swirls for the background. Again I thought the easiest way to duplicate the cross overlay would be to use some vellum. Since confirmation is coming up in May I decided to stay with the cross as a focal point but the expression I wanted to use made me change the orientation.
 This card is for the girls being confirmed. I used the swirl from Everything Eleanor. I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede ink and then let it dry. Then I stamped just two times with Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and immediately sprinkled with Iridescent Ice and then heat embossed. Then I filled in the background using VersaMark ink and again embossing with Iridescent Ice.
The card for boys was made in the same way but I used two stamps from Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to make the card.
Both crosses come from the Blessed by God stamp set and were stamped with White Staz On on vellum. A little fussy coating and a couple of glue dots to adhere them and the card front was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment