Tuesday, September 9, 2014

One Card Leads to Another!


This card was made using the last of the thin strips that were in my scraps of this Designer Series Paper (Comfort Cafe, retired). I just lined them up on a piece of Cajun Craze card stock that was sitting on my work space and glued them down. Then I designed the card around that piece of card stock. I made the flower using the Floral Frames framelits (127012) and snipped the petals using my scissors. The center is one of the retired Dahlia Adornments, a button would work, too. The "Thank You" comes from the Lots of Thanks stamp set (129690 c, 129687 w). The ribbon is retired Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin. I chose Crushed Curry card stock for my base. When I put all the elements together I decided I needed to add a layer of Midnight Muse card stock (retired). So, I had to cut off some of the Cajun Craze card stock. 

This created a scrap of card stock that I couldn't just throw in the trash and presented my next card design.

I layered my scrap on a piece of Crushed Curry Card stock, stamped the same expression on it and then punched the edge using the retired Scallop Trim Border punch. Some more retired Midnight Muse 3/8" stitched satin ribbon was used. Then I embossed a piece of Midnight Muse card stock using the Zig Zag embossing folder (133738).

If I had it to do over I would have used my Big Shot and the zig zag edgelit in the Finishing Touches Edgelits (127010) instead of the Scallop Trim Border punch. But I didn't think of that edgelit until later in the day. Check back tomorrow!

1 comment: