Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Cards


Here are two Thanksgiving cards from that same sheet of Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper. The top piece measures 3x4 inches. The little scallop trim along the DSP edges is made using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and layering the punched card stock under the DSP so that just the very edge of it shows. You can punch one strip the size you need, cut it in half and you have enough for both edges. The expression is from a retired stamp set. The Very Vanilla card stock is cut with the Chalk Talk Framelits. A little Hello Honey ribbon and Linen Thread and it's done!

The bottom card took a little longer because I stamped the image from one of last year's "Best Of..." stamp sets and then colored it with my Blendabilities markers. I'm really having fun with them. As a child I loved to color, and finding I love doing it as an adult, too! This DSP measures 3-3/4x 3-3/4 inches. (In the original instructions from Linda Heller it was a 4x4 piece, but I wanted to layer it so cut it down. The Give Thanks is also from that Best of Autumn stamp set. I used the Chalk Talk Framelit again to cut it out but then trimmed the straight edge a bit and rounded the corners so it would fit on my card when the ribbon was attached.  Mossy Meadow ribbon and Linen thread used on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment