Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Zig Zag!

Finally I started to use the larger two inch scraps of Designer Series paper. I wanted to make some simpler, more masculine cards for my husband's 'stash'. So, I just tried to keep it simple. I still feel like I should have made at least a knot in the ribbon but sometimes you just have to walk away from a card and call it done!

As promised both of today's cards use the zig zag from the Finishing Touches edgelits (127010). I will admit when I use this edgelit I have a tendency to put it on the paper with the zig zag along the card stock edge. I've found it works better for me the opposite way; putting the "straight" edge along the edge of the paper. That way you don't get a groove in your card stock along with the zig zag cut and it seem to line it up straighter for some reason.

The ribbon in both cards is retired Summer Starfruit 3/8" Stitched Satin. The expression in the card above is from the Lots of Thanks stamp set (129690 c, 129687w). The Midnight Muse card stock was embossed with the Zig Zag embossing folder (133738).
In the card above I cut the Cajun Craze card stock about 1/2" wider than the DSP so that I could cut both edges with the zig zag edgelit. The stamped image is from Starburst Sayings set (133185 c, 133182 w) and was cut using the Starburst framelits (132967).

Still more cards from that packet of scraps to come in tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment