Friday, September 26, 2014

What to Do with the Triangles?




These four cards were my biggest challenge. The directions from Linda Heller was to cut two 4x4 pieces from the Designer Series Paper. Then cut along the diagonal to make four rectangles. Three of her four cards were square cards. When you mail square envelopes you have to pay extra postage and USPS just doesn't like them. I know I could just put them in rectangular envelopes but I thought I'd just make the cards rectangular. You wouldn't believe how I struggled with what to do with that extra space in each card. But, I'm glad I did as I like the way they turned out.
The images are all from Stampin' Up!, although the one in the top card and the tree in the second card are retired. The" Hello Fall" is from For All Things in the Holiday Catalog. "Grateful for You" comes with the Merry Everything stamp set in the Holiday Catalog and the little heart in the bottom card is from the "Yee-Haw" Photopolymer Stamp Set (available while supplies last).
I used my Big Shot to emboss the paper on the top (Woodgrain embossing folder) and the bottom card (retired folder). Wouldn't the new Hearts Border punch be pretty along that edge instead... alas I do not have it yet! The third card was embossed "by hand" using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and Simply Scored Borders Plate. It's another fun tool and technique that I like to create with.
The Big Shot was also used to cut the bottom Mossy Meadow tag (Chalk Talk Framelits) in the top card and the banners in the bottom card (Banners Framelits) and I used my retired Tasteful Trim Die to cut the zig zag pieces in the Hello Fall card.
The Scallop Edge Border punch was used in the first and third cards. I had to fussy cut the top tag in the the top card and the tree in the second card. Linen thread and the new In Color ribbon was used on the cards.
That's it for my 15 cards using just one sheet of Designer Series Paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment