Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Butterfly Basics and Thinlits



Here are two cards made using the Butterfly Basics stamp set and the Butterfly Thinlits. I debated on whether to order the bundle or just the Thinlits. But the images in the stamp set won me over. They are just so pretty!
There are three thinlits in the pack. I've used the two larger more detailed ones on these cards. The little butterfly on the first card is punched using the Bitty Butterfly punch.
Because these two butterflies are so detailed you will want to use a layer of wax paper between the thinlit and your card stock. And even with that added layer I found I had to add a shim to get the best cut of the large butterfly. I was using the Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP which is thicker and has that glossy layer so that only added to the difficulty of getting a good cut. But I do like the way the sponged paper looks with the butterfly cut.
All Big Shots are a little bit different so you may or may not need a shim. If you don't like to fuss with die cuts this set of framelits may not be for you; but believe me once I got my layers for my Big Shot figured out I really had fun with these butterflies.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed playing with this set and the framelits this past weekend! Didn't really look at these before, but now they are going on my list for someday!

    ReplyDelete