Monday, February 16, 2015

Product Focus: White Embossing Powder

 I saw a similar card that Dawn Griffiths posted and decided to give it a try with stamps that I had. Here's my "Make a Wish" card. You may be wondering where the white embossing powder is used. All over the card! Everything is stamped using VersaMark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then you color the embossing powder using Blendabilities markers. I used the medium color of Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo and the lightest color of Daffodil Delight. I liked how Dawn used the Dotty Angles stamp set on the background layer. And I also got the idea for adding sequins from her card. I just cut off some of the sequins from the ribbon of Bermuda Bay trim that is in the Occasions catalog.
 Then I made this card. I wasn't sure I would get a good enough impression of the medallion to heat emboss it. But it worked better than I thought. I like the way the "HAPPY" has a neon lights look to it.
I wanted to give the angle stamp in the Dotty Angles a try, too. Here's my card using it. I tried not to overthink the coloring of the angles. I didn't really want a pattern. That's not always easy for me. I can be too logical a thinker sometimes! But it's fun to just turn your mind off sometimes and let your hands do what they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment