Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Accident

I was working on a card using this Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper. I had made my cut for a 4"x5-1/4" piece of it and then my paper cutter blade fell down on the remaining 4"x6-3/4" piece and cut it diagonally. I hate when I do that! Usually I just put that piece back in the package and hope I will use it later. But this time I challenged myself to make something with it. I like how it turned out. 
The stamped image is from the Another Great Year stamp set. I stamped once on white and cut with circle punches and then stamped a second time on Crushed Curry and fussy cut the banner to layer.  I colored the candles with Blendabilities markers. More circle punching in Tangelo Twist and Crushed Curry and a strip of the Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim and all layered on a stamped piece of Tangelo Twist. The dots were made using a stamp from the Work of Art stamp set. (You gotta get it!) After everything was layered I had a few of the Bermuda Bay sequins laying on my work surface so I added them to the card and topped them with a little rhinestone. I love when little mishaps turn into happy accidents!

1 comment:

  1. I do that too with my paper trimmer. Will have to remember this card.

    ReplyDelete