Monday, February 23, 2015

B.Y.O.P.

 B.Y.O.P. stamp set in the Occasions catalog is one of my favorites. It's designed to use with gift cards. There are expressions for specific occasions but a few can be used for anything. I also used the new Bow Builder Punch on this card. Originally I was just going to put the bow on the card but then there were these little strips of card stock sitting on my work surface from a previous cutting in the exact same color and that gave me the ribbon idea. Since then I've seen it on other people's blogs and Pinterest. When using the Bow Builder punch you do have to punch twice to get all the pieces you need. I put mine together using mini glue dots. I won't be sending it for a while so I'm going to see how it holds. Sticky Strip might be the better adhesive.
The inside of the card explains the expression and I added a little strip of matching card stock to the left side. I won't be sending a gift card but will be sending a check in this card; so the strip is just attached with a glue dot at each end and then I'll fold the check and hang it over the strip of card stock. I'm sure somebody else has come up with this idea, too. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment